Top Up Loans
Borrowing more with Novuna Personal Finance
Voted UK’s Best Personal Loan Provider for the last 9 years running
Low rates from
7.4 % APR
Representative on £7,500 to £25,000
Representative on £7,500 to £25,000
Eligible Novuna Personal Finance customers may be able to arrange a top up loan, which involves replacing your existing loan with a new one. It will be an entirely new agreement which may carry a different interest rate and term to your current loan.
Here’s how a top up loan works:
- You’ll be able to see if you’re eligible for a top up loan in the Novuna Personal Finance app or online account. You can also call our team on 0344 375 5500 to check your eligibility.
- Submit your top up loan application form. This involves a soft search, so you will receive a personalised interest rate with no impact on your credit score. This APR will be unique to the new loan which means it may not be the same as your existing one.
- If you choose to go ahead with the top up loan, we’ll set up a new loan to cover the amount of your existing loan and the extra amount you want to borrow. We’ll then settle your existing Novuna loan and release the additional funds to your bank account. You’ll continue to only have one loan (and just one fixed monthly repayment) to think about.
For example: let’s say you have £10,000 settlement quote on your current loan, including any early settlement charges, and want to borrow an extra £5,000. We’ll open a new loan for £15,000 and use £10,000 of this to close your original one. You’ll then be given the remaining £5,000, though you will need to repay £15,000 in total plus interest over the agreed loan term.
You may wish to take out a separate loan to borrow the extra money you need. This involves applying for a new loan that you’ll manage in addition to your current loan. It’s likely your new loan will carry a different APR to your existing one and could also have a different term.
Here’s how an additional loan works:
- Apply for a new Novuna Personal Finance loan for the extra money you need.
- If accepted, you’ll be offered an APR that’s unique to the new loan. This may differ to the interest rate on your existing loan.
- You will make your new loan repayments in addition to your existing loan repayments until both agreements are settled.
For example: let’s say you have a £10,000 settlement quote on your current loan and want to borrow an extra £5,000. You could apply only for the additional amount and, if accepted, the funds would be deposited into your account within two working days. You’d then make two separate monthly repayments each month.
Am I eligible for a Novuna top up loan?
To be eligible to apply for one of our top up loans, you must:
- Meet all of our standard eligibility criteria
- Have just one existing personal loan agreement with Novuna Personal Finance
- Have made six consecutive monthly loan repayments for your existing loan
- Use the same bank details as your existing loan
- Have managed your loan well (i.e. not been in arrears)
Do remember that meeting our eligibility criteria does not automatically guarantee you will be accepted for a loan. We take into account a number of factors during the decision-making process, including assessing your credit history and affordability.
Check your eligibility
Login to your account
Find out whether you can apply for a top up loan, and manage almost all other aspects of your account online. Register and login here.
Contact our team
Call our Customer Experience team on 0344 375 5500. Lines are open between 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).